Social Networking Has Never Been This Fun



I admit I'm not one those people who has multiple accounts in social networking sites. I tend to ignore invitations that barrage my email. But then again, they may seem to accumulate in my inbox because I seldom check my e-mails.

But these past few days, with my online job quota almost done, I decided to have a look at some of these sites. I decided to scrap famous social networking sites from my list. Facebook, Friendster and Twitter seem a bit too familiar for me. I still maintain cell phone connections with by close buds and I've known them since childhood and I guess I've had enough updates about them--for now.

So I went on a prowl for networks that I could have new friends with. I looked out for sites that would introduce me to different cultures and different experiences and open opportunities for friendships to blossom. This my third week looking for that kind of experience, and so far, I've been introduced to potential friends in one site that caters to many nationalities and different views.

And so I became a member of Mylot.

What is really fun about this site is it is a really very helpful community. You post questions and members would answer, as simple as that. Here questions are called discussions and answers are called comments. Besides some topics that break the site’s discussion guidelines, there’s no limit to your participation. Profanity is absolutely not allowed. It is also forbidden to discuss the site’s earning algorithm. Flaming others and harassing someone for bad grammar will almost surely get your post deleted, or in some cases, get you banned from the site.

They have a plethora of interests to be a member of. Personally, I've enjoyed posting on the computer and Internet interests since some of the questions there really pique my interest. Most of the time, people would just enjoy commenting on each other’s posts that you feel like there’s real live conversation going on. I even downloaded Thunderbird so I can monitor my inbox for any Mylot notifications.

You can also rate users according to how they respond to your discussions. What's cool though is how you're able to report users that have become inappropriate. It's hard for spammers to get into the community because you have to reach 500 posts first before you can copy and paste articles and links. Because it's a sharing site, of course there will be people who would give you links, but that would be if you asked for it. The Admin doesn't allow posting personal links and ads (and surely someone will report you if you do).

And did I mention you get paid too? Although the pay is not that big, you get compensated for doing what it is that you enjoy,That in itself is already a big plus factor for signing up. Basically every post you do (new discussions and comments) will earn you a $.01. They also take into consideration the quality of your post, so a good and related post will earn you more than that. You could also earn from posting pictures, making the most of their Search function, and of course, referrals. The payout is $10
sent every 15th and to PayPal accounts.

I get excited every time I hit a Mylot milestone. When I reached the 100th post I was able to view my Star rating. Although I was surprised I got the 10 star pretty fast (some oldies there are still tethering on an 8 or a 9). But it's the Mylotters, as we call ourselves, which rate you so that's subjective and really depends on how the community has received your views and responses.

Right now I'm waiting for my 500th post so I can also post helpful articles and links. Oh, 200th post enabled my smileys so I was able to be a bit humorous. A lot of well meaning comments could be lost in translation if not accompanied by an apt smiley.

For three months now I've opened my e-mail daily, excited for every comment I receive on my discussions and my responses. I've come really far from being the weird chick that wouldn't say hi to friends to being that gal who would say hello and answer questions posted by complete strangers.

It's also great to meet struggling non-English speakers and still feel accepted if you don't dot your Is and cross your Ts the way everyone knows how. Struggling and budding writers can learn a lot from participating in native English speakers’ discussions. Also, English speakers can learn a lot from Internationals and their culture. This spirit of internationalism, in a sense, lets us peek from under the shroud of illusions that our own cultures has thrown over us.

Want to be a mylotter too?

If you're interested you can click HERE and be a part of one of the top ranking paid-to-post sites ever.


Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment